people who say classical music is boring don’t know how boring pop music is from a sheet music point of view
this is so important to me
People who think classical music is boring haven’t heard GREAT classical music. Go listen to some Mozart, so much catchier than P!NK. You think Jason Derulo is passionate? Go listen to Vivaldi! Rihanna is sultry? Try some Bizet. You guys SERIOUSLY don’t know what you’re missing.
Follow my music blog ^^^^ for diverse posts about musicianship and musical literacy :)
Anonymous said: what would you say about Libra turn on's/off's and Capricorn turn on's/off's
Libra’s turn on- Talking Tom Cat
Libra’s turn off- Vampirism
Capricorn’s turn on- Vintage typewriters
Capricorn’s turn off- Cool kids
As someone who wants to study the human consciousness I found this very interesting.
Scott Routley was a “vegetable”. A car accident seriously injured both sides of his brain, and for 12 years, he was completely unresponsive.
Unable to speak or track people with his eyes, it seemed that Routley was unaware of his surroundings, and doctors assumed he was lost in limbo. They were wrong.
In 2012, Professor Adrian Owen decided to run tests on comatose patients like Scott Routley. Curious if some “vegetables” were actually conscious, Owen put Routley in an fMRI and told him to imagine walking through his home. Suddenly, the brain scan showed activity. Routley not only heard Owen, he was responding.
Next, the two worked out a code. Owen asked a series of “yes or no” questions, and if the answer was “yes,” Routley thought about walking around his house. If the answer was “no,” Routley thought about playing tennis.
These different actions showed activity different parts of the brain. Owen started off with easy questions like, “Is the sky blue?” However, they changed medical science when Owen asked, “Are you in pain?” and Routley answered, “No.” It was the first time a comatose patient with serious brain damage had let doctors know about his condition.
While Scott Routley is still trapped in his body, he finally has a way to reach out to the people around him. This finding has huge implications.
HOLY STEAMING SHITFUCKS
WHY IS EVERYONE NOT LOSING THEIR SHIT ABOUT THIS
What a fucking nightmare, just kill me.
I know a girl who was hit by a drunk driver and in that state for a year. When she woke up the first thing she did was tell off the doctor who tried to convince her mom to pull the plug. She heard *everything* while being called brain dead.
OH MY FUCK
yes i am an otaku. luv those mangos and animoo. i also perfected the language of japenese. ohio. koala desu. ickydickymasu. cherry blossoms are my favorite food
"The defining aspect of our country is opportunity—the hope that you can do better, that your children can do better. But you need an even playing field. To do that, you can’t be sick and in school. You’ve got to have health care. You’ve got to have an economy working to give people a chance to get ahead. It is not guaranteed. But you do have to have an opportunity. Our country is big enough and strong enough and wealthy enough to give that kind of opportunity to everybody. That’s what I work on every day."
- Senator Ted Kennedy, April 2006
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
- Name: Leah
- Nickname: Legh (Pronounced as if the speaker is coughing something up.) An unfortunate nickname given to me by some classmates after someone decided to see how it would sound if my name had no vowels.
- Birthday: December 27th
- Gender: Female
- Sexuality: Sam-sexual.
- Height: 5’2”
- Time zone: EST
- What time and date is it there: 1:29AM, Aug 8th
- Average hours of sleep: 7
- OTPs: Zutara? But Aang is my fav and I still can’t decide. Currently rewatching The Last Airbender because I finished all available episodes of Game of Thrones and I haven’t cared about a new OTP in literal years -___-;;
- The last thing I Googled was: ”Character trait descriptive adjectives”
- First word that comes to mind: College because I’m going there Monday :S
- What I last said to a family member: ”What?”
"Oh, we were just talking about that last episode of Dexter."
- How many blankets I sleep under: Two but I always kick the lower one off by morning.
- Favorite beverage: Teeeeeeeeea
- The last movie i watched in the cinema was: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Three things I can’t live without: Communication, music, love.
- Something I plan on learning: How to shoot video on a DSLR
- A piece of advice for all my followers: Frequently consult this chart to make sure you, your friends or family are not experiencing this.
- My blog/s: this, invisibleinfluencers (a cool blog about under-recognized makers of history from around the world), b-u-t-t-c-h-3-3-k-s (The silliest, nearly-sfw, butt-themed blog you will ever see. No porn), and homewr3ck3r, a sort of parody soft-grunge blog I made because I think most soft-grunge blogs are really silly and shallow for constantly asking for promos and shifting with visual trends.
- You have to listen to this song: Feeling Good by Nina Simone. This song is fucking fantastic.
- I tag: Not ten people cause that’s laaaaame! How about brawlman9876 and queenxwitch cause you’re probably still up. And whoever reads this and wants to? Bye.
- I was tagged by: per—ardua
Coming home from school like
burned my hand curling my hair today
A very good way of going about explaining this issue. It’s good to see something positive come from Tumblr.
HOLY SHIT. THIS. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE. SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT MEN VS WOMEN. @_@
this is literally so important
This is the best example and illustration I have yet to find. If more people realized that this is what equality is pushing for then we would be better off.
To add, FEMINISM SUPPORTS EQUALITY.
I almost forgot my briefcase!
it contains important lab results
OH MY GOD
me at forever 21
- “wow this would be great if it wasn’t covered in crosses and studs”
- “was the galaxy print necessary”
- “why is this so cheap”
- “why is this so expensive”
- “why is everything so ugly”
- “why are 90% of my clothes from here”
- “i hate everything here”
- “im gonna buy everything”
"why is everything on the floor"